Thursday, June 14, 2012

June Stamp Night Projects - Blossoms, Labels, & Pennants

I’m so excited to have 4 Stamp Nights a month starting this month.  Hopefully, everyone that wants to come to a Stamp Night can find one that fits into their schedule.  Last night was my first Wednesday one.  I made brownies and Yogi Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut tea which is my favorite!  I have missed this flavor of tea soooo much since the store has been out of it for months.  But, my friend, Laura, found some at another store and bought it for me.  Yay!  She said it was an early birthday gift.  Thanks Laura!

Here’s the first project.  This is a simple card (only 2 pieces of cardstock and a couple of scraps!).  I used the Betsy’s Blooms wheel, Betsy’s Blossoms stamp set, Delightful Dozen stamp set,  ¼” Stitched Grosgrain ribbon in Daffodil Delight, 3/16” Corner  punch, and the XL Oval punch.  The colors are Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, and Whisper White.  Oh, I also used the Daffodil Delight marker to color in some of the flower centers and a sponge dauber to highlight the edge of the oval greeting.  {TIP: Use a dauber for more intense edging and a stampin’ sponge when you want the edge to spread inwards and range in intensity.}


The second project is my favorite one this month.  I used the Layered Labels stamp set with matching Apothecary Accents Framelits, ½” Scallop Dots ribbon, Large Oval punch, and 3/8” Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon.  The colors are Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Ripple, and Very Vanilla.  The ribbon gives it more texture than if you used scalloped cardstock, but you could certainly do that if you don’t own this ribbon.


The third project is the 6x6 scrapbook page or 3x6 card option in Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, and Whisper White.  I always do one of these.  I like to post my scrapbook pages with a photo, but I didn’t find one yet that I want to use on this page.  These use the Make a Cake and Pennant Parade stamp sets as well as the Patio Party designer paper (all of these are from the Patio Party Product Suite).  I also used quite a few punches:  Scallop Edge Border, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Small Heart, and Petite Pennants Builder.  I used this project to demonstrate the Faux Stitching technique using the new larger Pierce Mat with the new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack.  I love how the shapes have piercing holes inside and outside the shapes.  I also used our Signo white gel pen for the stitches and Whisper White Baker’s Twine for the bows.


I used the Faux Stitching for our monthly Technique Journal too.  Here’s the page we did in our Technique Journals with the instructions (done in My Digital Studio) and the sample using the Creative Elements stamp set, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack , and Midnight Muse marker.  It was totally accidental that my flourishes on my sample kind of line up perfectly with the flourishes on my background.  How cool is that?!




1 comment:

  1. Guess Who?
    I so much fun last night at the stamp n share! Thanks Barbara!

    ReplyDelete