Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stampin' Up! Convention 2012 - Zip Lining?

We had a very smooth flight (Becky and I have a new phrase, "Miracles Happen?" which is what the flight check-in lady said when we asked to sit together on the flight).  We  arrived around 11:30, hotel by 12:30, lunch, then off in our rental car to Park City, Utah.  This is the day before the actual Convention starts, so we are site seeing.  We decided last year to explore a new area around SLC every year.  I picked Park City, Utah where the Olympics were in 2002 (I think).  They have shopping, outdoor adventures, beautiful scenery, and a cute downtown area.  I decided to ride the ski lift to the top of the mountain for the view and then decided...why not...I'll ride half way up and zip line down.  How often do you get a chance to zip line?  Becky, Laura, and Jan stayed on the ground.

Here's some photos of the view, the lift, and the zip line.  I waited in line with lots of 15 year olds and wondered where the brave older people were.  There started to be a few here and there, so I started feeling better.  It was great!  Loved it after the first jolt of leaving the gate.  It was fun and over too soon...I will definitely do it again if I get the chance.


We exchanged roommate gifts in the room and I was surprised to see this message in my Dove chocolate that was in a Decor Elements decorated coffee cup full of chocolates I received from Becky.  It says, "Love what you do"!  This is one of the lines in our Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart...what are the odds???


We met up with our friend, Dee, after dinner at the Blue Lemon tonight (yum!)  She is waiting for her friends to all arrive.  Tomorrow we will go straight over to the Salt Palace after breakfast to pick up our free bags and check out everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment