Thursday, October 4, 2012

Howl-o-ween Printer’s Tray Project – Witches and Goblins and Spooks Oh My!

Stampin’ Up! gave demonstrators this great Halloween printer’s tray project for a recruiting promotion in August and part of September.  So, I invited all my downlines that earned the free project over to my house on Tuesday night so we could make the projects together…more fun that way.  Since we had one extra project, we even had one lucky guest too!  There were seven of us…two couldn’t make it.  Here’s my completed project (supply list below):


 I pretty much got everything finished at the party except adding the ghost pumpkin and the broom.  The broom is Early Espresso Core’dinations paper wrapped around a wooden skewer with More Mustard fringed cardstock for the straw.  I still might add a silver crescent moon behind the bats, but I’m pretty happy with it as is.  

Stampin’ Up! provided all the paper backgrounds and flags on one sheet that we cut out…basically, you could create something similar in My Digital Studio or just cut paper from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper.  Of Course, I changed it up a little from the layout provided…I have to put my own spin on it, don’t I!  I also heat embossed the items stamped in black – you get better images that way since we are stamping on color, and I love the shine.  {TIP:  For the rosettes, use hot glue in the center…it just holds together better!}

Supplies:
Toxic Treats stamp set
Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper
Images from the Toxic Framable Digital Designer Template (Digital Download)
Core’dinations Card Stock – Early Espresso, Sanding Block & Skewer
More Mustard card stock
Very Vanilla card stock
Glimmer Paper – Silver
½ “ Striped Satin Ribbon – Black & Gray
Lucky Limeade Baker’s Twine
Linen Thread
Woodgrain embossing folder & Big Shot
1” Circle punch
Designer Buttons – Basic Gray & More Mustard
Vintage Faceted Designer Button
Basic Rhinestones
Stampin’ Dazzle Marker – Silver
Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle
Basic Gray stamp pad for sponging edges
VersaMark stamp pad
Basic Black embossing powder & Heat Tool
Hot glue gun
Sticky Strip for broom
Dimensionals & Glue Dots
*the Silver Glimmer Paper spider web came already cut out with our kit

Retired Supplies:
Sweetest Stem embosslit
From the Crypt stamp set (available as a digital download)
Bitty Bat punch (available as a digital download)

Happy Haunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment