Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November Stamp Night Projects – The Joys of Tinted Glimmer Paper

My Joy card uses the Holiday Frame embossing folder.  This folder looks like it won’t be carried over into the big catalog, so get it before January 2nd if it’s on your wish list.  I used Silver Glimmer Paper tinted with Lucky Limeade reinker for the ornament top.  The ornament is made with the Ornament Punch and the Scallop Trim Border Punch.  I also made the banner shine by covering it with Illuminate ink using a dauber.  {See technique book below for how to tint your Glimmer paper.}


Here is the technique book page for instructions on tinting.  I used Melon Mambo reinker for the pink heart with the Affection Collection stamp set.  Becky said in class that she’s never seen me use Melon Mambo before.  I know it’s a stretch for me…I usually don’t go so bright.


This birthday owl card was inspired by a similar card shared by another demo on our demo site.  I used Crumb Cake and Soft Suede with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  The “Happy Birthday” is from the You’re Amazing stamp set, but also available as a single stamp until January 2nd.  The owl is, of course, made using our Owl Builder Punch.  {TIP:  Put a dimensional right where the hat and owl’s head meet to help keep his hat on and raise him out of the tree in just the right spot.}


Our third project was this cute mitten gift tag using the Two Tags die and Mitten Builder Punch (this punch looks like it won’t be available after the Holidays either).  The mittens are the Orchard Harvest designer paper from the Holiday catalog.  So, to match, I used Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, and Early Espresso.  The background is Crumb Cake (I don’t know what I’d do without my Crumb Cake cardstock!).  I also ran the mittens through the Square Lattice embossing folder to make them look knitted and added a strip of embossing on the Crumb Cake with the Delicate Designs folder.


Happy Stampin’


No comments:

Post a Comment