Monday, November 26, 2012

Waiting for Santa - Advent Calendar Frame


I saw this frame idea once and knew it would be perfect for our "25 and Counting" stamp set.  I love that it's elegant, small, and that it doesn't involve coming up with any treats…just marking the day.  I used the set for all the tags except I swapped out the "25" stamp with the one in the Merry & Type stamp set since I wanted something more elegant.  There's also a "25" in the Joyous Celebrations stamp set, so you have 3 options if you own all 3 of these sets!  The 25 and Counting stamp set is also on sale for 50% off during Stampin' Up!'s Online Extravaganza just through Wednesday, the 28th, so it's a great time to pick up this set.


The clothespin is a small craft one hot glued to the glass.  I used glue dots to attach the December banner and the ribbon, but you could also hot glue them.  Any soft or big ribbon would look great…I used Always Artichoke Seam Binding ribbon.  Then I just got out all my punches, embossing powder, Champagne Gimmer paper, Red Glimmer paper, embossing folders, and ink so I could make all the little tags.  I did use a few retired items to add to the variety.  The colors are Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer, Red Glimmer, Marina Mist, and Always Artichoke.


The easiest part was the inside of the frame.  I used the Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock embossed with the Holiday Frame embossing folder and then sanded to reveal the inner core of the paper.  To display, just put a Christmas mug, little tin, or candy dish by your frame with all the tags in it ready to change out each day.


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment