Thursday, April 11, 2013

Faux Pinwheel Card

I've been wanting to make one of these ever since I first saw them.  So, in February, I designed this for March Stamp Nights and my February card class at work in two different colors.  I decided that the Designer Builder Brads in the Spring Catalog were perfect to spice up the middle of the pinwheel.



I already gave away the Summer Starfruit one before getting a better photo of it, but you can kind of get the idea from this photo.  I loved them both.  Summer Starfruit is starting to grow on me!

Stamp Sets:
  • Sassy Salutations
Colors:
  • Crumb Cake
  • Gumball Green
  • Midnight Muse
  • Early Espresso
  • Summer Starfruit
Supplies / Tools:
  • Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Designer Builder Brads
  • Punch Pack - Circle Punch
  • Elegant Bouquet embossing folder
  • Glue Dots
  • Dimensionals
  • Optional: 1 1/4" Square Punch
Notes:
Designer paper squares are 1 1/4" (use punch or cut several strips at a time if you have a table top cutter).  The 2 big mats to stick them down to are 2 5/8" squares taped together on the diagonal.  Overlap all the squares around the pattern with 1/16" mat border on all the corners.  Your squares should touch at corners in the middle of your pinwheel.  Place tape on first square in a way that you can still lift up the edge to tuck the last square under it.  (I did mine tucking every square under the previous one, but easier to stack around and just tuck the last one).  Put pinwheel on card with dimensionals after you add brad in center.

Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment