Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kick Up Yer Heels Window Card

This is the second project from May Stamp Nights.  I've been seeing lots of these window cards.  They look best if your mat is the same color as your card base and you need lots of dimensionals.  Mine is a little pushed in at the bottom since it had been on display in a large clothes pin.  I'll have to fluff it back up!


Stamps:
  • Bootiful Occassions
  • Ciao, Baby! (retiring - Spring Catalog)
Colors:
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Not Quite Navy (retiring)
  • Cajun Craze
  • Marina Mist
  • Early Espresso
Extras:
  • 1 1/4" Square punch (retiring)
  • Small Circle punch or Ticket corner punch (retired) to notch the corners
  • Petite Curly Label punch (in the new catalog)
  • Coordinating brad for boot strap
  • skinny ribbon - Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, or Marina Mist
  • Parker's Patterns designer series paper (retiring - Spring Catalog)
  • Dimensionals
Making the Windows:  The best way to get the windows straight is to make yourself a template first.  I traced punched out squares on a scrap the same size as my mat.  I did have to add smaller squares in the middle of each traced square since I could no longer see my trace lines when I started to punch the template.  You need lots of dimensionals to even out the raised mat:  6 dimensionals on the large side and some smaller ones (cut to fit) for the small side...the more, the better!


Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment