Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Card Box Using Envelope Punch Board

I thought I'd try out this card box I've seen using the Envelope Punch Board for one of my Stamp Night projects, so this was the technique and one of the projects in April.


I made some of these creped filter paper flowers at our craft retreat in March, and I just can't get enough of them...so fun and easy!  I knew that's what I wanted on the flap.  Just cut 8 layers at the same time using the Floral Frames Collection Framelits (all one size), put a brad in the center, fluff, spritz with color, and fluff again when dry.


The Natural Composition Specialty paper is perfect for these since its extra sturdy and already decorated with clear embossing...yay!  Here's a close up of the 9 1/2" by 9 1/2" paper and the card instructions I did in My Digital Studio to give everyone for their technique book.  The red lines are the "cut" lines.  The pen marked lines are the score lines.


One of the tips I read on this was to put a package of our medium envelopes inside to form the box around.  This works great to keep your box squared off when sticking down the Sticky Strip.  This box will hold a dozen cards and envelopes or more depending on the embellishments.

Happy Stampin'



No comments:

Post a Comment