Monday, May 12, 2014

Just Because...Another Way to Color in Line Art

You can never have enough ways to color in your line art stamps.  I used sponge daubers for this technique.  Just dab on the edge of the dauber when coloring in the smaller areas and don't be afraid to color outside the lines, because that gives it the soft look you want on this one.

I used this design for my 2nd April Stamp Night card and also as my Cruise SWAP (of course I realized I forgot to bring the Wisteria Wonder ink to the airport where I finished sponging them, so the SWAPs used Elegant Eggplant instead which was just a little darker). 

Stamps:
  • A Dozen Thoughts
  • So Very Grateful
Colors:
  • Elegant Eggplant
  • Old Olive
  • Basic Black
  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Very Vanilla
Tools / Extras:
  • Sponge Daubers
  • Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
  • Scallop Trim Border Punch
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels & Purple Sharpie
  • Dimensionals
Since I was going for a softer look, I stamped the images in Elegant Eggplant instead of black.  If you use black, I recommend using the Staz-On Jet Black since it is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock.

Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment