Thursday, July 17, 2014

Inspire.Create.Share. - Stampin' Up! Convention 2014 - Day 2

This morning we had pyrotechnics at the opening of General Session.

Shelli was barely on stage, and they were already passing out a free stamp set to everyone.  They were a selection of single stamp sets like Watercolor Thank You which is the one I got...yay!

The big reveal this morning was the Holiday Catalog which starts August 28th.  Here's the cover...I can't show the inside, but I'll post projects made with the sets.


Becky Higgins from Project Life also visited with us to talk about Project Life by Stampin' Up!


After General Session, we attended some classes and then went to our 1st Make'n'Take Session where we made a couple of cards using the Kinda Eclectic stamp set.

Leslie and Beverly went on the home office tour while I roamed around the Demo Resource Center and participated in the service project making a card kit and bath kit for an organization that helps the homeless.
Then, I went across the hall to check out the special lounge area for demonstrators that achieved awards during the last year that ended June 30th.  They had set up a photo op with props.  Here's my photo.

I couldn't have been so successful this year without the support of all my wonderful stamping friends.  Teaching classes really brings me a lot of happiness.  And, another surprise...I found out last week that I can take my daughter that lives in Canada as my guest to Hawaii.  I wasn't sure if Stampin' Up! would do that, but they will!

In the evening, we had optional creative classes we could attend.  Leslie went to a Make'n'Take class, and Bev and I went to the MDS Unplugged class with Holly Linford.  She showed us how to do some cool decor items using MDS to decorate coasters, make customized pillows, etch glass, and make chalkboard art.  Now I need to buy an e-cutter!

I can't wait to have more fun tomorrow making projects, exploring more in the resource center, shopping in the Convention Store for new Holiday Catalog products, and going to the awards night celebration and after party.

Stampin' hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment