Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Project Mania & Ribbon Share

The Open House on Sunday was amazing.  I had lots of stampin’ friends in and out all day.  This week, I’ve been getting ready for my 4 June Stamp Nights that start this Friday, Angie’s party this Saturday, and my Masculine Mini Stamp-a-Stack this Sunday.  I’ll post everything when projects are done and photographed.  I spent lunch on the demo website for inspiration and then sketched some designs.  So I’m ready to play with more new stuff and get ink on my fingers tonight to finish up all the projects.  I was so jealous this morning of my daughter sleeping in and staying home (school’s out).  Well, at least I get off work at 4:30, and hopefully she’ll get a summer job soon!

I also started a Ribbon Share.  This is where I buy all the ribbon in each color and divide it out to everyone so they get some of each color instead of having to buy a whole spool.  I know for me, even being a demonstrator, I have lots of half spools that never get finished before they’re retired.  And of course, how fun to have every color to choose from!  This is how it works:  I have 5 spots for each share, you pay 1/5 of the cost for buying all the colors of that ribbon; I purchase all the colors; then, I split them out and give everyone 2 yards of each color (with a few exceptions).  So, if you want 4 yards, you just sign up for 2 spots.  I hope I explained that well…just let me know if you’re confused.

The exceptions are: Baker’s Twine is 5 yards per person and the Demin, Crochet Trim, and Organza are together in one share with yards per person as 2yds/1yd/3yds respectively.   I’ll have the clipboard at all my events this month, but if you want to get a spot for a particular style ribbon (or several of them), let me know and I’ll mark you down.  I won’t purchase until I have several ribbon types full.  I’m intending this to be a local share, but if you’re reading this and don’t mind paying shipping, let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment