Friday, August 24, 2012

August Stamp Night Projects – Double Embossing, Gingerbread Man, & Brayered Landscapes Technique

Vacation was a blast.  I’ll post a couple of beach pictures soon.  Here are the projects I did for August Stamp Nights.

Here’s the first project.  This is double embossed using the isolated embossing technique.  Emboss background first, and then emboss the Designer Frames rectangle frame using one plate on top, fully closed platform, shim(s), and cardboard cutout of frame to isolate just that portion!   {TIP:  Try different thicknesses of shims and cardboard pieces until you match up the right pressure to avoid de-bossing your embossed background.  I save the cardboard backings that come with the dies to use as shims later.}


I also try to walk it through with my fingers on top of the little frame to keep the top plate from see-sawing while going through.


The second project is based on a card I saw on our shared demonstrator site.  I changed the background and inverted the Perfect Polka Dots folder to make it look like a graham cracker.  {TIP:  With this larger ribbon wrapped around, you’ll want to use more aggressive tape to be sure your background cardstock stays stuck down.  The thicker ribbon puts more pressure on the cardstock and will lift up your mat if not secured well.}


The third project is a 6x6 Halloween themed scrapbook page with a card option for my non-scrapbookers.  The Howlstooth & Scaringbone designer series paper is from the Holiday Catalog.  The stamp set is Toxic Treats.  I demonstrated brayering landscapes for the cemetery.  {TIP:  When brayering, ink the brayer in the middle of the ink pad, start rolling before you get to your paper, and lift up at the end of the stroke.  Use light colors first and wash your roller if moving to a vastly different color to avoid messing up your inks.}


Here’s the photo of the monthly page for our Stamp Night Technique Journal, Brayered Landscapes.  I used Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, and Always Artichoke.  {TIP:  For brayered mountains, use ripped scrap moved around for different peaks at each distance.  Do foreground mountains first at full strength color then don’t re-ink for lighter and lighter mountains farther away.}


I really like how my sample came out that I demonstrated in the Tuesday Stamp Night…wish it was on cardstock instead of a post it note!


Getting ready for my 2nd Christmas/Holiday Card Stamp-a-Stack this Sunday!  Woo Hoo!  I’ll have all my holiday cards done in no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment