Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Banner Blast Make & Take Party

Friday night I hosted a table at the Make & Take party for the Stamp Scrap Art Tour.  I used one of my Stamp Night Projects for January which is inspired from a project Shelli did at leadership.  It was a sell out with 95 guests.
Getting used to the format was the hardest part.  I had figured my card would take about 15 minutes and when they started the projects, they announced that the groups had only 15 minutes at each of 8 tables and then the whole group would rotate around the tables together.  Beverly was my helper, and we had to hustle to keep the ink pads, stamps and punches moving around the tables.  We had it figured out around the third group of 12 ladies.  Next time I will bring a 10 minute card and duplicates of all the supplies so it will be more relaxed.
They had a wonderful display of desserts to eat at the break in the middle.  I wish I had taken a photo of that.  There was a chocolate fountain with fun fruit and cake bites to dip in the waterfall of chocolate.  Also, they had cakes, cobblers, and little fancy chocolate things (who cares what they were called...it was luscious chocolate!).  The break also gave us some time to talk to the guests.

Here's the whole card and the recipe:
Stamps:
  • Banner Blast (Sale-a-Bration - Free)
  • Four You (Annual Catalog)
 Colors:
  • Crumb Cake
  • Early Espresso
  • Strawberry Slush
  • Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Bermuda Bay
  • Whisper White
Tools / Supplies:
  • Linen Thread
  • Banner Punch (Sale-a-Bration - Free)
  • Dimensionals & Glue Dots
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (flower punch)
  • Merry Minis Punch Pack (star punch - carried over from Holiday Catalog)
I showed them the Easy Splatter Technique that Shelli showed us on stage at Leadership.  Here's the page in my Technique Journal for Stamp Night.
 Happy Stampin'



No comments:

Post a Comment