Monday, February 24, 2014

Twisty Treats Filled With Salt Water Taffy...Yum!

This Twisty Treats Sale-a-Bration freebie kit is cute on it's own, but I decided to kick it up a notch with the help of the Spiral Flower Die and the Elegant Butterfly punch.  My February Stamp Night ladies enjoyed making this as one of their projects last month...especially since they could sneak a few pieces of taffy before putting the rest in the Twisty Treats bag.
The kit comes with the polka dot cello bags, heart printed twisty ties, 2 styles of printed tags, and the glitter adhesive-backed hearts to make 12 treats.  Here's a closer look at my tag add-ons.
I did the flower in Whisper White, then used the Stampin' Spritzer to bring the flower to life with a few drops of Tangerine Tango re-inker and rubbing alcohol.  I also really love the butterfly glued onto the Mini Metallic Clothespin.  And, so that the tag wouldn't get destroyed opening and closing the twisty tie, I used some Baker's Twine to hold the two tags on.

Colors:
  • Tangerine Tango
  • Bermuda Bay
  • Whisper White
  • Silver
Tools / Extras:
  • Twisty Treats Kit
  • Spiral Flower Die
  • Stampin' Spritzer (w/ re-inker & rubbing alcohol)
  • Elegant Butterfly Punch
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Mini Metallic Clothepins
  • Baker's Twine
  • Hot Glue (flower)
  • 2-Way Glue Pen (butterfly)
These cute little cello bags are great gifts as party favors or just because.  There were extra striped tags in the kit that I've already used on other gifts for my Stamp'n'Share night.

Happy Gift Giving!



No comments:

Post a Comment